Friday, October 24, 2014

Guilt become a Confession



Have you ever done something wrong and later confessed? Everyone has done it once in their life time. For example, once I broke my mom favorite pot and I blamed it on my sister then I confessed and told my mom it was my fault. Confession removes the burden and relief’s pain and misery. Here’s a horror story that I think you will like it is called, “The Tell-Tale Heart” author by Edgar Allen Poe. The theme of the story is love and hate then it becomes guilt. Poe the narrator loved the old man because he never treated him wrong. He was drawn to the Evil Eye that make his blood ran cold. He was anger by the Evil Eye and plots a plan to kill the old man. After the killing, he hid the old man and when the officers came he convinces the officers and got away with the perfect murder then burst his guilt to the officers. This short story was well written, a horror story of irony, imagery, and symbolism of Poe frighteningly twisted the mind of the narrator truly is. In the end, the guilt and anger has no walls and its effect will eventually be detrimental. Crimes committed on the ground of insanity can be justified due to state of mind. Everyone has a breaking point, for some it is sooner than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment